Everything you need to know about Friends of Hlaudi music album
Former SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng on Wednesday participated in a press conference which he said was arranged by "friends of Hlaudi." His topics included the newly-appointed SABC interim board, the criticism of the 90 percent local content rule and again stating that there "is only one Hlaudi in the world." As he addressed members of the press and his "friends" who arranged the presser, it was also revealed a CD in his honour was recently released.
Friends of Hlaudi features William Mthethwa, a relatively unknown artist. The CD, which appears to be a homemade compilation and has no affiliation with RISA (Recording Industry of South Africa), was being handed out at the press conference and William even took to the stage to perform UHlaudi ngowethu before Hlaudi took to the podium to begin his speech.
His "friends" danced along to the song, which is a remake of a traditional wedding song.
The CD has 8-tracks, with the lead single called Hlaudi Dumela (Hello Hlaudi) and 4 out of 8 songs have Hlaudi's name in the titles.
The credits for the CD as written on the back sleeve state that it was recorded at Cut & Edit studios, engineered by S. Ndlovu, and marketed and released by G. Recordz.
Here are the names of the songs:
1. Hlaudi Dumela (Hello Hlaudi)
2. Re Batla Hlaudi Motsoeneng (We want Hlaudi Motsoeneng)
3. UHlaudi ngowethu (Hlaudi is ours (in Zulu))
4. Ba Meno Masweu (The white teethed ones)
5. Ke Ka Mohau (It is by grace)
6. Hlaudi Ke Warena (Hlaudi is ours) (Yes again, this time in Sotho)
7. Makwala A Cheche (Let the cowards backtrack)
8. Raohang Masole (Let the soldiers arise)