Sofia Vergara, Jessie J honoured at Glamour awards
Sofia Vergara, Jessie J and Kelly Rowland all picked up Glamour Women of the Year Awards last night.
Stars from around the globe attended the annual ceremony, held in Berkeley Square, London, by the UK's Glamour magazine, including Kelly Brook, Amanda Holden, Kylie Minogue and Katherine Jenkins.
As she arrived in a lace black gown, Hollywood star Jessica Alba said she was looking forward to hanging out with her A-list friends at the event.
She said: "It took me about an hour to get ready. I'm really looking forward to just celebrating women and seeing people here that I haven' seen very much because I'm always working, it's nice to just hang out with some of these glamorous people."
After a celebratory dinner, the awards got underway, with the first prize of the night going to singer Jessie J, for Solo Artist of the Year.
She was followed a little later by Sofia Vergara, who was named Comedy Actress of the Year for her role in Modern Family.
Accepting her award, she said: "This is bloody amazing! I'm so happy to be here, Glamour, thank you! To be part of this with all these glamorous people is amazing. Thank you so much, I hope to be back again."
The X Factor judge Rowland was especially pleased to receive the TV Personality Of The Year award, saying: "OK - I'm very nervous, my stomach's doing flips right now!"
Budding actress Lily Collins - daughter of pop star Phil Collins - received the Breakthrough Of The Year trophy for her role in Mirror, Mirror.
She said: "It really is so lovely to be back home in England, I grew up here, I'll never forget being in the countryside and stealing my mum's magazines."
Other winners included Glee's Lea Michele and singer Florence Welch.
Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2012 - full list of winners:
- UK Solo Artist of the year - Jessie J
- Theatre Actress of the Year - Amanda Holden
- Presenter of the Year - Holly Willoughby
- Sportswoman of the Year - Jockey Hayley Turner
- Comedy Actress of the Year - Sofia Vergara
- UK TV Actress of the Year - Jessica Brown Findlay
- Writer of the Year - Caitlin Moran
- Radio Personality of the Year - Fearne Cotton
- Accessories Designer of the Year - Charlotte Dellal
- Entrepreneur of the Year - Jessica Alba
- Band of the Year - Florence + the Machine
- TV Personality of the Year - Kelly Rowland
- US TV Actress of the Year - Lea Michele
- Pandora Breakthrough of the Year - Lily Collins
- Film Actress of the Year - Viola Davis
- Man of the Year - Tom Hiddelston
- Fashion Designer of the Year - Donatella Versace
- Outstanding Contribution Award - Kylie Minogue
- Icon Award - Dionne Warwick
- Inspiration Award - Eva Longoria