Baked chicken, sweet potato and chickpeas
How to make baked chicken, sweet potato and chickpeas
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 600g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 30ml olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs, deboned and skinned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 240g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 62.5ml chopped Italian parsley
- Basil leaves to garnish
Preheat the oven to 220C. Combine the onion, sweet potato, tomato, garlic and half the oil in a bowl.
Transfer to a large baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Cook chicken for one to two minutes on each side, or until golden.
Add the chicken to the tray and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Add chickpeas and parsley. Toss until heated through. Serve garnished with basil.
TIME: 40 minutes