Sticky sweet ginger spare ribs
How to make sticky sweet ginger spare ribs
- 1kg pork spare ribs
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp (30ml) fresh ginger, grated
- Quarter cup (60ml) honey
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp (60ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5ml) sesame seed oil
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- Half cup (125ml) water
Place spring onions, garlic, ginger, honey, chilli, soy sauce, oil, lemon juice and rind and water in bowl and mix until well combined.
Marinate ribs for at least 30 minutes, but preferably overnight in this marinade.
Preheat oven to 140C.
Place ribs in a roasting tray, pour over marinade and cover with foil.
Roast for two hours, basting occasionally.
Remove foil, increase the heat to 200C and roast for a further 20 minutes, until pork is sticky and caramelised.