South Africa congratulates Dlamini-Zuma: iLIVE
Her election as the first woman to hold the most powerful position in the AU speaks volumes for the gains made in fighting patriarchy on the African continent - ANCWL
The ANC CONGRATULATES DR. NKOSAZANA DLAMINI-ZUMA
- The African National Congress said she had distinguished herself in every position in which she had served.
"We believe that in her hands, the AU is safe." The party thanked the region for endorsing her, and also thanked outgoing chairman Jean Ping of Gabon.
THE ANC WOMEN'S LEAGUE CONGRATULATES DR. NKOSAZANA DLAMINI-ZUMA
- "This is not a South African victory or even a [Southern African Development Community] victory, but rather a victory for the women of the African continent who have long suffered under the oppression of colonialism, wars, poverty, and patriarchy," the league said in a statement.
Dlamini-Zuma was a long-standing member of the league and had always had a strong focus on women's empowerment and gender equality.
"Her election as the first woman to hold the most powerful position in the AU speaks volumes for the gains made in fighting patriarchy on the African continent.
THE DA CONGRATULATES DR. NKOSAZANA DLAMINI-ZUMA
- "We believe that she has the appropriate skills and competence to transform the African Union into an efficient and effective body as well as the diplomatic acumen to address the many crucial issues facing the African continent," party MP Ian Davidson said in a statement.
"The AU chairpersonship presents South Africa with an opportunity to establish Africa as a proponent of value-driven international relations, based on the principles of democracy and human rights."
South Africa was now in a unique position to improve the alignment of international and regional agendas. The DA hoped that under the leadership of Dlamini-Zuma, the AU would build consensus around "appropriate regional responses" to the coup in Mali, the civil conflict in Somalia, the hostilities between Sudan and South Sudan and the resurgence of rebel fighting in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
"We wish Dr Dlamini-Zuma well in her role. We believe that she can lead a new era of a prominent place for Africa in an international agenda driven from the south."THE IFP CONGRATULATES DR. NKOSAZANA DLAMINI-ZUMA
- The IFP congratulates the Hon Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Minister of Home Affairs in South Africa, for her election as the new Chairperson of the Commission of the African Union.
The IFP further trusts that with her ability, background and vision, coupled with the support from the AU leadership, she will be in a position to turn around issues that are plaguing some of the African continent, for the betterment of the African People.
TIMESLIVE FACEBOOK FANS CONGRATULATES DR. NKOSAZANA DLAMINI-ZUMA
- Bathandwa Master B Ngamlana - Congrats Nkosazana but now what will happen to home affairs, is she still gonna be incharge?
- Patrick Shongwe - You deserve to be a Leader Mama!
- Oliver Baus - Wanna know too. Have we lost her to the ineffective AU?
- Amandla Maqokolo - Congrats mama
Simon Mugwagwa - Congratulations. As cool as a cucumber. I like her humbleness, humility and her attitude of more action than words approach to issues
- Zandile Mboniswa - Congrats to the chair lady. It will be sad to loose her to AU if she will be terminating her current post. She's done so much for that Ministry.
- Kagiso Sakwe Congradulations. Wish u go for SA presidency next elections...
- Nomabali Mapela - Congrats!
Abegail Manzi - Wathinta bafazi wathinti mbokodo. Congratulations Ma Zuma. U have made the African continent proud.
- Xolani Buqa - Congratulations Crd Nkosazana and all the best in your new assignment. Hope that AU won't vote for things they don't understand i.e. No flying zones.
Mary Sadler - Congratulations, I know you'll do an excellent job!
- Chauke Andrew - Maybe those political unrest in our continent will be resolved.
- Bigm Toona - Congrats Ma Zuma. I don't wish her to leave the Home Affairs dept. She did a great job there.
- Vincent DaVi - Africa unite for this new dawn! Team #nkosazanadlaminizuma
- Bohlale Maphosa - She's definitely in a league of her own. She never makes funny headlines or commits scandals. She's a leader above reproach. Congrats. Big up to Team nkosazanadlaminizuma.
- Maxie Zoongoo - Congrats to our new female AU chair. Let's hope we'll have now our own African court, not ICC in Hague which seems to be so bias. We need African court to deal with African matters!
Sindi Zakwe - She has always been my inspiration and role model... I like
- Owethu Owens Pantshwa - but it has been a challenge, great that we won...
Ntandokazi Van de Capa - Well done to Nkosazana kodwa bendingena temba after that Lybia Saga
- Sindisiwe Mthembu - Yes yes yes, and I know he will make us proud...Well done