SABC denies tension after resignations
The SABC has denied reports of tension between the broadcaster's CEO and acting COO following the resignations of two senior managers.
"The fact that senior managers leave the SABC does not imply that the organisation is in crisis," SABC spokesman Kaizer Kganyago said in a statement.
"Like any other company, employees have the free choice and will to resign from an organisation, to pursue other career avenues."
The broadcaster was responding to a Sunday World newspaper report headlined ‘SABC Faces New Crisis’. It reported on alleged tensions between group chief executive officer Lulama Mokhobo and acting chief operations officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng.
The SABC called the reports malicious and said the two parties would like to put it on record there had been no "fallout" as suggested in the article, and had worked well together since Mokhobo joined the SABC to lead the organisation.
It also denied reports that Motsoeneng had made "unauthorised executive decisions and pronouncement[s] that have had costly financial implications.
"To the contrary the financial health of the SABC is improving as a result of the co-operative working relationship between the GCEO and acting COO," Kganyago said.
"It is therefore misleading to suggest that they are not in agreement about how the organisation should move forward," Kganyago said.