NSC results tell how system is performing as a whole: DA
The release of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) examinations results “is a time for honest and brave reflection of the progress we have made‚ and where improvements and reform are required”‚ the Democratic Alliance (DA) said on Tuesday.
In a statement‚ the party’s Gavin Davis wished “all 801688 learners who wrote the NSC examinations everything of the best”. “While learners will only know their individual results tomorrow (Wednesday)‚ this evening’s briefing in Midrand will tell us how well the system is performing as a whole‚” he said.
Davis said the DA “will be paying close attention to a range of indicators‚ including:
- “The number of candidates writing and passing the NSC examinations;
- “The number of learners retained in the system;
- “The number of learners gaining access to tertiary education;
- “The performance of candidates who wrote science and mathematics; and
- “How schools in each quintile performed relative to each other and previous years.”
Davis said progress made in schools in historically disadvantaged areas was also a focus area as “we will only eradicate the legacy of apartheid once every child - regardless of race or socio-economic circumstances – has the opportunities to make the most of his or her talents”.
This is where you can get your results
The department's website www.dbe.gov.za.
Results will also be available on SowetanLIVE via Times LIVE from 06:00 on Wednesday
Results for the Western Cape will be available online from 14:00 on Wednesday at http://www.westerncape.gov.za/service/examination-information-and-results.