The co-founder of a project that saw a solar-powered aircraft complete the first fuel-free flight around the world this year expects electric passenger planes to operate in just under 10 years.
An agile jumping robot that was inspired by some of the animal world's best leapers could one day help in rescue efforts after earthquakes or building collapses, US scientists said Tuesday.
Earth's days are getting longer but you're not likely to notice any time soon -- it would take about 3.3 million years to gain just one minute, according to a study published on Wednesday.
The US Supreme Court on Tuesday overturned a $399 million penalty imposed on Samsung for copying Apple's iPhone design, in a case watched closely for patent infringement in the digital era.
- ExoMars space programme needs an extra 400 million euros
- Battery breakthrough means you could charge your Smartphone in seconds
- Computer glitch blamed for European Mars lander crash
- Samsung offices raided as influence peddling scandal explodes
- Robotic arm used to perform Africa’s first hip and knee replacements
- Doctors use WhatsApp to find kin of India train survivors
- Zuckerberg among Facebook users mistakenly declared 'dead'
- Turning diamonds’ defects into long-term 3-D data storage
- In poorest nations, a third fewer women than men online with gap widening - report
- Facebook apologises for removing cancer video