Archaeologists have uncovered teeth in China that don't appear to be of any known human species.
Facebook, the world's largest social network, and its Instagram photo-sharing site, suffered temporary outages around the world for up to an hour on Tuesday and the company said later that an internal software networking error was to blame.
The Namibian government will beef up protection for rhinos and elephants and tighten laws to curb increased poaching, which suddenly surged last year, it said on Monday.
Yellow-bellied marmot outcasts are the most likely to be the first to call out an alarm to warn their colonies of predators according to new research.
- Turkey court orders block on websites with Charlie Hebdo cover
- Plenty of US military social media targets for 'cyber-jihadists'
- Watch: 'I saw your willy' advert tries to teach kids perils of inappropriate selfies
- Online privacy to remain thorny issue: survey
- Rival social networks gain users, but Facebook captures more attention