Malaysia slams YouTube for anti-Islam video
Malaysia has accused online video-sharing service YouTube of insensitivity to Muslims for not removing a video that allegedly insults Prophet Mohammed.
"YouTube appears to be oblivious to the tumult it has caused," said Rais Yatim, information, communications and culture minister of the predominantly Muslim South-East Asian country.
"The owner of YouTube does not deserve to be spared the ire of Muslims or the long arm of the law," Rais said in an English-language statement issued to the Bernama state news agency.
On Sunday, Google Inc, which owns YouTube, blocked the video titled Innocence of Muslims in Malaysia following complaints from the country's Communications and Multimedia Commission.
The video has been linked to violent protests in several Muslim countries last week, including Libya where the US ambassador was killed when a consulate was set ablaze.