Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge interactive maps
mapIT, 94.7 Highveld Stereo and Altech Netstar have released an online Interactive Map, Route Maps, Race Profiles and Mobi Site for the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge.
The race is scheduled to take place on 18 November, this Sunday, through the streets of Johannesburg.
Altech Netstar will be tracking over 100 route vehicles as well as riders supporting various charities.
The interactive map contains the routs, live tracking of charities, points of interests and road closures for the race. There is also a mobile map to help people navigate around those road closures, and which also provides real time tracking for cyclists 'Riding for a Purpose’.
Charities being tracked on the main mapIT Interactive Map are MAD Charity, Philile, Pink Chicks, Reach for a Dream, Riding for Rainbows, Starfish Charity and The Cows.
The Smile Foundation meanwhile will be tracking its riders from its own site.
The race marshals, organisers and safety crew will also plan their operations based on this mapping and tracking technology. “We are pleased to be backing this race for the fourth year running. It is without a doubt one of Johannesburg’s major sporting events and mapIT is proud to be able to provide a service which supports both the public and organisers as they navigate through and around the route on the day,” said mapIT’s Managing Director, Etienne Louw.
“Altech Netstar will be providing real time live traffic information to race organisers and 94.7 listeners throughout the day. We are also delighted to be providing the units and technology to facilitate the tracking of all the participants supporting charities by riding to raise funds and awareness for their various worthy causes,” said Harry Louw, Managing Director of Altech Netstar.
The maps include:
- Medical and refreshment points along the route
- A route profile of the route in elevation indicating inclines and declines and additional route information
- Kilometre spaced distance markers
- An alternate re-routing tool that competitors, spectators and residents can use to avoid road closures
- A rotatable 360 degree ‘SiteSee’ preview of key stages of the route environment
- The map is available the Momentum 94.7 website, or directly.
- Live Tracking of ‘Smile Foundation’ riders.