Packed with fresh veg, this colourful crustless pie will go down well with fans of frittatas
1 small green cabbage
1 small red cabbage
250ml (1 cup) mayonnaise
30ml (2 tbsp) cake flour
Pinch of salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
500ml (2 cups) plain yoghurt
4 large eggs
30g (2 tbsp) finely grated parmesan
4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
30ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
100g chorizo sausage, cubed
8-10 cocktail tomatoes, quartered
50g (½ cup) pine nuts or almonds
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2) Cut the cabbages into thick slices, trying to keep the pieces together.
3) In a mixing bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, flour and seasoning together. Add the yoghurt, eggs, parmesan and half the thyme leaves and whisk until well combined.
4) Pour mixture into a greased ovenproof dish and arrange the cabbage slices in alternating layers on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
5) While the pie is baking, heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the chorizo cubes until brown.
4) Remove pie from oven and top with the chorizo, tomatoes, pine nuts and remaining thyme leaves. Bake for another 15 minutes or until set, covering with foil if it browns too fast.