Cyber flirting 'is cheating'
Fewer women now believe in monogamous relationships, and the sexes disagree, predictably, on whether cyber flirting constitutes cheating.
The results of a survey published in the July sex issue of Men's Health magazine suggest that South Africans are kinkier than they let on.
A total of more than 1300 adults (762 men and 578 women) were canvassed, 40 more than last year .
Encouraged by their anonymity, respondents revealed their favourite sex positions, biggest mistakes in bed, and that they used alcohol as a sexual stimulant.
Editor Jason Brown said some of the results were "surprising" and revealed some risque secrets of South Africans' sex lives.
"More than 1400 people shared their most intimate sexual experiences and attitudes to sex and, together with our experts, we were able to analyse the trends to provide readers with the most authoritative advice and insights," Brown said
Some of the findings were:
- 82.4% of men hated using latex protection because they did not like the feel of condoms;
- Though recognising the need to use condoms, 75.2% of women said they did not like them;
- 31% of women had had sex with their co-workers, another 10.2% with a boss, 8.5% with a neighbour, and, though it looks fun on Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, only 3.2% seemed to find it exciting;
- Three years ago, when Tiger Woods's extramarital affairs were splashed on every tabloid, it was revealed that he used sleeping pills to "spice up" his life - 14.2% of men said they had used recreational drugs and 11.1% prescription drugs, but 45.9% had used alcohol for sexual stimulation;
48.6% of women found inebriation to be a secret weapon for enhancing sex, and 11.5% have used recreational drugs.
Leaked nude pictures can either embarrass you or make your career, as some Hollywood stars can attest - 62.9% of South African women have taken pictures of themselves and sent them to partners.
- About 27.9% of women said they had been filmed or photographed performing a sexual act in emulation of Kim Kardashian and Ray J and their once infamous sex tape, but 7% said they were unaware that there was a camera sticking out of their jewellery box;
- 70.4% of women consider cyber flirting as cheating, but only 45.5% of men felt the same;
If men have worries that a woman might be a stalker, here's a stat to make you worry further - 72% of women admitted to investigating their dates' Facebook or Twitter accounts, and 53% of men said they did the same.