Cream cheese stuffed mushrooms
How to make cream cheese stuffed mushrooms
- 4 to 8 large mushrooms, cleaned
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Half cup breadcrumbs
- 30g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Handful chives, finely sliced
- Handful parsley, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 100g smooth cream cheese
Preheat oven to 180C.
Place mushrooms on a baking tray and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat butter in saucepan and gently sauté onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
Add breadcrumbs and continue to fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat and mix in the chives, parsley and thyme leaves.
Top each mushroom with 25g of cream cheese and a spoonful of crispy breadcrumbs.
Drizzle with olive oil and roast in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown and mushrooms are juicy and cooked through.