Leek and potato soup
How to make leek and potato soup
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 400g peeled potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups (1l) vegetable or chicken stock
- cup cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10g fresh chives, finely chopped
Heat a little oil in a heavy-based pot.
Sauté onions, garlic and leeks for a few minutes, or until softened.
Add cubed potatoes and fry for a further two minutes.
Pour in stock and bring to the boil.
Lower the heat and simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
Remove from heat.
Add cream and blend until smooth.
Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, garnish with chives and serve immediately.
Garnish soup with crispy bacon bits or smoked salmon strips as an interesting alternative.