The ultimate lemony prawns on the braai
How to make the ultimate lemony prawns on the braai
- cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 fresh tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 100g chorizo, thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 to 3 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 1.5kg prawns - deveined and butterflied
- Olive oil
- Lemon wedges for serving
Heat one tablespoon oil in a frying pan and saute chilli, garlic, tomatoes and chorizo together for a few minutes, until tomatoes just begin to soften.
Add lemon juice, remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat and add chopped parsley.
Drizzle prawns with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill prawns over hot coals for a few minutes until the shells turn pink and the flesh is just cooked.
Toss in the chorizo dressing while still hot.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges and extra chopped parsley.