ANC voting allocations for Mangaung finalised
The number of voting delegates each province will be allowed to send to the ANC's national elective conference in Mangaung in December was decided yesterday.
A team appointed by the party's national executive committee has agreed on the formula used to allocate the last 416 branch voting delegates.
There will be 4500 delegates at Manguang, ANC spokesman Jackson Mthembu said.
President Jacob Zuma's home province, KwaZulu-Natal, will have the highest number of delegates, 974. Next come Eastern Cape and Limpopo, with 676 and 574 respectively.
Gauteng will have 500 voting delegates, Mpumalanga 467, the Free State 324 and North West 234.
Only 176 voting delegates will come from Northern Cape and 178 from Western Cape.
The voting delegates of ANC branches will comprise 91.2% of the total. The remaining 8.8% are members of the party's national executive committee, provincial executive committees, and leagues.
Forty-five members each will be delegated to vote on behalf of the ANC Women's League, the ANC Youth League and the ANC Veterans' League.
Eighty-two national executive committee members will vote, as will 180 provincial executive committee members.