Cooking TV show back for seconds
Auditions for the second season of Masterchef SA begin in 10 days' time - a mere two weeks after M-Net said it was "planning" for a follow-up season.
Johannesburg hopefuls are up first on October 27 at Montecasino, whereas last year's auditions only began on December 3.
The auditions will then move to Durban's Suncoast Casino on November 4, and Cape Town at the Southern Sun Cullinan on Saturday November 10.
And it seems M-Net has not yet finalised the judges' contracts as spokesman Lani Lombard had told The Times this at the beginning of the month.
It also not clear whether the show's kitchen set at the Nederburg Estate, in Paarl, will be retained.
No date for the premiere has been announced.
Technicalities aside, hopefuls are expected to prepare a cold dish at their auditions.
Last year, each contestant brought their own ingredients in insulated coolers "to maintain the cold chain".
The judges refused to taste food "not suitably chilled" to avoid contracting food poisoning. One could be disqualified immediately for such a mistake.
Successful contestants are called for a second round of auditions the next day.
Season 1 winner was Deena Naidoo from Queensburgh, southwest of Durban.