Suicide bombers slaughter 60
Two women suicide bombers have killed more than 60 people at a camp for people displaced by an insurgency of jihadist Boko Haram group in the northeastern Nigerian town of Dikwa.
The attack occurred 85km outside the capital of Borno state, centre of the seven-year insurgency. It took place on Tuesday.
The two women suicide bombers entered the displaced people's camp and set off their bombs, emergency officials and military sources said yesterday.
The attack was believed to be in retaliation for a military strike on Boko Haram strongholds in the area last week.
Satomi Ahmad, the chairman of the State Emergency Management Agency, said 78 people were injured.
No group claimed responsibility but the attack bore the hallmarks of Boko Haram, which has frequently used women bombers and even children to hit targets.