The newest ocean liner from Costa Cruises will be able to host the population of a small town and, when complete, will nab the title of largest guest capacity ship, capable of ferrying 6,600 passengers.
King Salman of Saudi Arabia unexpectedly left the French Riviera on Sunday, local officials said, adding that a beach that had been controversially closed for the royal's holiday would now reopen to the public.
The hulking shell of the world's largest cruise ship slid into the waters off western France on Friday, with workers aiming to have it ready for a 2016 inaugural trip.
Here are the winning shots and other top contenders from the April entries in the Sunday Times Travel Photographer of the Year Competition
- How to save money and score the best travel deals in 2015
- Over 1.1 billion tourists worldwide in 2014
- Zoo in Chile lets the brave tickle a lion's tummy
- Lonely Planet releases its picks for the top destinations in 2015
- SA 'most attractive' tourist destination in Africa
- Joburg named Rough Guides' top city of 2015