Suspect in Sibusiso Khwinana's murder expected in court on Monday
National police commissioner Gen Khehla John Sitole has welcomed the arrest of a 36-year-old man in connection with the robbery and murder of 25-year-old Matwetwe star Sibusiso Khwinana and has commended the investigation team for the speedy breakthrough.
He said the suspect was expected to be charged with robbery and murder and would appear in the Pretoria magistrate's court on Monday.
Khwinana was stabbed to death during an alleged armed robbery on Friday, March 1 in Pretoria.
Police minister Bheki Cele announced on Saturday during Khwinana's funeral at the AFM Hilltop Restoration Centre in Soshanguve that a suspect had been arrested and was expected to appear in court on Monday.
Khwinana was in the company of his friends when he was stabbed and robbed of his cellphone.
Immediately after the murder of the actor, a multi-disciplinary task team comprising of crime intelligence, detectives and forensic experts was activated.
"I am satisfied with the progress made in the investigation of Mr Khwinana's murder Sitole said. "However, I am aware that other suspects are outstanding and I have tasked the investigation team to ensure that they are apprehended."