KZN church collapse victims identified
The identities of the 13 worshippers who died when a wall at their church collapsed shortly after 10pm on Thursday have been revealed.
A 13-year-old, Mthabela Andiswa, was the only male among the dead, and was the youngest victim. They all lost their lives at the Pentecostal Holiness Church in northern KwaZulu-Natal following a violent storm which swept across the province, leaving behind a trail of damage and destruction.
The following list of names has been provided to TimesLIVE, including the areas the victims were from:
- Samkelisiwe Mzila - Ulundi
- Lungi Mcambi - eSikhawini
- Nokuthula Hlongwane - Ulundi
- Bongekile Masondo - eSikhawini
- Ntando Mlondi - eSikhawini
- Thandazo Dube - Ulundi
- Minenhle Mdluli - Ulundi
- Thule Ncube - eSikhawini
- Mthabela Andiswa - Maqhwakazi
- Thembi Mthabela - Maqhwakazi
- Alta Langa - Maqhwakazi
- Alice Mhlongo - eSikhawini
- Nonkanyiselo Shandu - Ulundi
A further five people were critically injured and taken to hospital, while 11 others with minor injuries were treated at the Ngwelezane Clinic in Empangeni.