×

We've got news for you.

Register on TimesLIVE at no cost to receive newsletters, read exclusive articles & more.
Register now

Newborn dies from burns sustained in baby warmer while mom is in surgery

05 September 2019 - 08:00 By alex patrick
A newborn baby died as a result of internal burns which he sustained while in the care of nursing staff at Mahikeng Provincial Hospital.
A newborn baby died as a result of internal burns which he sustained while in the care of nursing staff at Mahikeng Provincial Hospital.
Image: 123RF/Nat Bowornphatnon

Instead of bringing their newborn son home, a young Mahikeng family buried him on Monday, a week after he burnt to death in a hospital infant warmer.

Now the family are seeking answers to how baby Onkitsitse could have succumbed to internal burns while he was in the care of nursing staff at Mahikeng Provincial Hospital.

 

subscribe