JOB ADS | Marketing assistant
Here's your chance to join the team at one of SA's most innovative publishers
Location: Parktown, Johannesburg
Purpose of the job
Arena Holdings is seeking a marketing assistant with strong design skills to join the consumer marketing team. This role will administratively support the team with marketing campaigns as well as design material where needed. The ideal candidate will have the ability to create visuals with supporting design work in line with each brand, across various applications from print moving to the digital space i.e. web and social media platforms.
To sell complete advertising solutions for all Arena Holdings titles
Collaborate with the marketing department, internal teams, clients and partners on marketing campaigns.
Assist with mailer campaigns using the company’s email system. Including checking marketing inboxes daily.
Plan and execute reader competitions. Helping identify marketing trends, insights, response rates and key opportunities for innovation.
Communicate with winners, subscribers and readers.
Handle urgent queries; liaise with customer support and subscriptions team when required.
Support the marketing team to identify and drive sales opportunities in line with the identity of each brand for subscriptions.
Design: create and manage all design material, follow requirements on brief and track campaigns. This will include creating media schedules, liaising with pagination team and working on Tark system.
Online campaigns, web design.
Assist the team with barter/ trade exchange deals. Tracking inventory, liaising with external clients and our finance department.
Assist with product launches and special projects when required.
Update and report on campaigns.
Bachelor’s degree or diploma in marketing or journalism
- Matric plus relevant tertiary qualification in graphic designing, marketing or similar
- Must have excellent command of the English language both written and spoken.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in marketing, online or design.
- Knowledge of working on websites and web page development will be hugely advantageous.
- Microsoft suites, HTML and Adobe creative suite.
- Must be able to WFH (work from home) and the ability to travel to the office when required.
- Provide a digital portfolio or shared link to previous design work done.
Skills and experience
Excellent interpersonal and written communication
- Strategic and analytical
- Creative, attention to detail
- Deadline driven, good time management
- Team orientated
- Organized and self-motivated
- Able to work remotely without close supervision
Qualified applicants may submit their CV, cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: February 2 2022
Arena Holdings is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation. Kindly take note that if we do not respond to you in the next two months, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.