×

We've got news for you.

Register on TimesLIVE at no cost to receive newsletters, read exclusive articles & more.
Register now

DA‚ ANC in battle over Colenso power station

11 September 2015 - 17:31 By RDM News Wire

Chancellor House‚ the ANC’s investment company‚ should immediately withdraw from the planned R18 billion Colenso power station‚ the Democratic Alliance said on Friday. Following media reports on Friday that Chancellor House is a shareholder in the Colenso coal-fired power project‚ DA MP Gordan Mackay said he would request Zweli Mkhize‚ the ANC’s treasurer general‚ to “action the immediate disinvestment” by Chancellor House.Mackay added that the ANC had benefitted from another initiative to resolve the country’s energy crisis – Chancellor House has a 25% stake in Hitachi Power Africa that had a R38.5 billion contract to provide boilers for the Medupi and Kusile power stations.“Zweli Mkhize is willing to renege on his public statements last year in which he claimed that Chancellor House should not hold direct government contracts and should avoid all conflicts of interest‚” said Mackay.The Colenso coal fired power project should add more than 1000MW of power to the national grid...

This article is reserved for Sunday Times subscribers.

A subscription gives you full digital access to all Sunday Times content.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.

Registered on the BusinessLIVE, Business Day or Financial Mail websites? Sign in with the same details.



Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@timeslive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00.