BREAKING: Zuma withdraws interdict against state capture report

02 November 2016 - 12:25 By TMG Digital

Lawyers for President Jacob Zuma on Wednesday withdrew his application to interdict the release of the public protector report into state capture.

The full bench of the High Court in Pretoria had been set to hear arguments for and against the issuing of the findings.

“My instructions are to withdraw the application‚” Zuma’s advocate Anthea Platt told the court.

  •  

She added that she had no instructions about costs.

The court on Tuesday afternoon had granted the Democratic Alliance (DA)‚ Economic Freedom Fighters‚ the Congress of the People and the United Democratic Movement leave to intervene in the Zuma application.

A lawyer for the DA asked the court to order that‚ should costs be awarded‚ Zuma should pay them from “his own resources”.

He said the application constitutes “an abuse” of “state resources” as he was using them to “assert his personal rights”.

READ MORE:

  • LIVE: EFF, DA march on even as Zuma withdraws interdictParts of Pretoria central are expected to come to a standstill on Wednesday as several marches head towards the Pretoria Magistrates Court where the state capture case is due to take place.
  • ‘Zuma knows his hands are dirty‚’ former ConCourt judge Yacoob tells Save South AfricaFormer Constitutional Court judge Zak Yacoob‚ who has been a vocal critic of President Jacob Zuma‚ told the Save South Africa People's Assembly on Wednesday morning that he is no longer a member of the ruling party.
  • Zuma must pay court costs personally - Malema"We are moving our application to compel the Public Protector to release the report with immediate effect and Zuma to pay the cost personally‚" Economic Freedom Fighters leader Julius Malema said on Wednesday. 

 – TMG Digital

subscribe