‘Six ways Zuma has betrayed us’
The report “No room to hide: A President caught in the act”‚ which was due to be handed to National Assembly Speaker Baleka Mbete on Wednesday by the civil society group Outa‚ ends by saying Jacob Zuma has breached his constitutional obligations and oath of office in six ways.
- He has paralysed the criminal justice system to protect himself from prosecution;
- In relation to Nkandla‚ he has enriched himself at the expense of the public and violated the constitution by defying the findings of the public protector to remedy this situation;
- He has repeatedly lied to parliament about his conduct that has been investigated by the public protector;
- He has turned a blind eye to the gross violation of the fundamental rights of millions of poverty-stricken South Africans to social assistance;
- After being involved in a generally corrupt relationship with Schabir Shaik‚ he has moved to conducting a similar relationship with the Gupta family over the entire period of his Presidency; and
- He has colluded in the plundering of the South African state for the benefit of the Gupta family and their business associates‚ including the president’s son‚ Duduzane Zuma.
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.