IN MEMES | Twitter pulls no punches as #CR17 defeats NDZ in ANC race
Reactions were mixed as the ANC announced that Cyril Ramaphosa had beaten his rival Nkosozana Dlamini-Zuma in the race for the presidency.
Many were jubilant, while some expressed doubt over how effective Ramaphosa's government could be given how the top six appears to be an even split between the #CR17 and NDZ camps.
Of course, the current president's face says it all.
It isn't over until Carl Niehaus phones his mother to concede.— Gus Silber (@gussilber) December 18, 2017
Ace Magashule is now the Secretary General of the ANC. Ace ran a dairy farm for the Guptas. He LITERALLY milked it for the Guptas.— #PuppetGuy JHB&CT 2018 (@chestermissing) December 18, 2017
I don't think so .After that what he tweeted earlier he must be busy sending out cvs— KagiXo (@iamKaylor) December 18, 2017
With such a divided Top 6, how do the ANC avoid fighting with themselves for the next 5 years?— Edward Kieswetter (@EdKieswetter) December 18, 2017
1) Congratulations to Ramaphosa. It is a split leadership team but maybe that is for the better. For those who worry about Ramaphosa being paralyzed, remember that he has both Mantashe and Mashatile, both of whom are politically astute. He has political support & should use it.— Adam Habib (@AdHabb) December 18, 2017
The new ANC top 6:
- President: Cyril Ramaphosa
- Deputy president: David Mabuza
- National chairperson: Gwede Mantashe
- Secretary general: Ace Magashule
- Deputy secretary general: Jessie Duarte
- Treasurer general: Paul Mashatile