Zuma poison plot: Enough already‚ says MaNtuli

05 June 2018 - 06:58 By Bongani Mthethwa
Former President Jacob Zuma and Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma on a visit to India in 2010. File photo.
Former President Jacob Zuma and Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma on a visit to India in 2010. File photo.
Image: Sunday Times

Eighteen months after NPA boss Shaun Abrahams told former president Jacob Zuma’s estranged wife Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma that she was officially a suspect in an alleged plot to kill her husband‚ the prosecuting authority still has no solid case against her.

But it has emerged that the National Prosecuting Authority has sent the docket back to the Hawks for further investigation.

The head of the NPA’s Priority Crimes Litigation Unit‚ Torie Pretorius‚ last month issued the investigating officer with a fresh directive to investigate the matter further.

Pretorius was assigned by Abrahams in August last year to handle the case against Ntuli-Zuma. He had given the Hawks until the end of last month to complete their investigation‚ failing which he would drop the case against Ntuli-Zuma‚ who has through her lawyers denied any involvement in the alleged plot to kill Zuma.

Ntuli-Zuma‚ known as MaNtuli‚ submitted an affidavit to the Hawks when they started the investigation‚ stating her side of the story. But the content of the affidavit remains a closely guarded secret.

X