Standard Bank launches innovative free tool for home buyers and sellers
LookSee is a free guide to help you make informed decisions about property
Standard Bank has launched one of the most empowering tools yet for homeowners and home buyers alike.
When buying or selling a home, or just trying to understand your current home, many consumers and industry participants feel disempowered because they have little access to interpreted information relating to a property or its value. Standard Bank’s new home services interface, called LookSee, has just changed all of that.
LookSee allows buyers, sellers, homeowners and or industry participants to research homes by accessing free guides which allow then lets them to make informed decisions about properties.
Everyone, including non-Standard Bank customers, has free, 24/7 access to information on their properties or those properties they are interested in, such as:
- a property value, including highs and lows, last sale price and how the growth rate compares to the national average;
- an understanding of the once-off and the unique monthly costs of owning the property;
- an estimate for home insurance and rates and taxes;
- an interpretation of the crime trend in the area and understanding of nearby key amenities the key amenities close by;
- a review of and information about the area in terms of demographics and sales trends, including the area’s property turnover; and
- a downloadable comparative report of compare up to three properties of on various dimensions.
Andrew van der Hoven, head of Standard Bank home loans says: “Whether you are in the market for a home or you are a homeowner trying to understand your suburb, you are faced with the challenge of accessing relevant information and, secondly, the interpretation of the information.
“This can create great anxiety and often feels disempowering. This is why Standard Bank decided to launch LookSee, to enable everyone, including industry participants, access to interpreted relevant information on properties.”
Standard Bank is currently adding further functionality to LookSee. These updates will be added over the course of the year.
Van der Hoven says: “As the largest home-loan provider, with a market share of 34%, we are guided by the decision-making requirements of our customers and partners, and to help everyone on their unique home journey.
“As an example, we will soon be releasing a unique review of sectional titles using information we have gathered over many decades. Again, we want this to empower all participants to provide relevant, accessible and interpreted information for customers.”
Fast-track your research today by accessing LookSee, Standard Bank’s free property guide, so you can make informed decisions.
This article was paid for by Standard Bank.