IN PICTURES | Inside the ranks of the Crusaders Motorcycle Club SA
Members of the Crusaders Motorcycle Club live by their own set of rules. These intimate portraits provide a rare glimpse into their hard-riding and little known lifestyle
Formed in 2006, the close-knit Crusaders Motorcycle Club (MC) SA has close to 1,000 members and more than 25 chapters across SA. They are “1 % ers ”, a reference to a comment once made by the American Motorcyclist Association “that 99% of motorcyclists [are] lawabiding citizens” and the remaining 1% “outlaws ”.
The ethos of the club is brotherhood, discipline, respect and a helping hand. The Crusaders MC SA motto: “See everything, hear everything, say nothing.”
Through these intimate portraits, photographer Alon Skuy gives a rare glimpse into the hard-riding and little known lifestyle of those who live by their own set of rules.