Want bouncy, plump and glowing skin? Try the Korean glass skin trend
Glass-like, light-reflective and glossy skin takes centre stage this season. Two beauty experts give their tips for achieving this look...
THE TREND: KOREAN GLASS SKIN
Some say cliché, we say skin is (still) in but with a renewed vigour, given the lowered frequency of days spent with a full face of makeup and staying at home requiring an easier approach. While the industry continues to generate a plethora of trending skin textures — from dolphin skin to jelly skin, that have a strong focus on glow and mimicking natural luminosity — healthy, happy skin is still coming out triumphant and takes priority above all. Of these trends, Korean glass skin remains the most desired skin texture for its bouncy, plump, surreal glow quality that makes skin look almost as reflective as glass.
Beauty editor’s tip: Highlighters are going to be your best friend when creating this look — and lots of them. Amp up gloss and shine by layering highlighters for a more light reflective, multidimensional finish.
Melt in a cream highlighter with the warmth of the fingertips onto the high points of the face, either before or atop of foundation. The trick is to choose up to two highlighters with different undertones to layer, such as one with a pink or silver undertone and one with a yellow or gold undertone.
FIVE OF THE BEST:
- Westman Atelier Lit Up Highlighter Stick in Lit, R1,080, from skins.co.za
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant, R355, from woolworths.co.za
- Glowish by Huda Beauty Multidew Skin Tint, R620, from arcstore.co.za
- Wishful Get Even Rose Oil, R1,060, from arcstore.co.za
- Chanel Les Beiges Sheer Healthy Glow Highlighting Fluid in Pearly Glow, R900, from woolworths.co.za