RECIPE: Warm shredded lamb with raspberries
Lamb and mint is already a winning combination, but adding tart raspberries to the mix takes this slow-cooked dish to another level
1.5kg-2kg lamb shoulder or leg of lamb
Salt and white pepper
250ml (1 cup) water
250ml (1 cup) frozen raspberries
Bunch of fresh mint
1) Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2) Season the lamb well, place in an oven dish with the water and roast until well browned, about 40 minutes.
3) Reduce the oven temperature to 140ºC, cover lamb with foil and roast for another 3-4 hours or until the meat is fall-off- the-bone tender. Remove the lamb from the oven dish and reserve the juices.
4) Shred the lamb while it is still hot with 2 forks. Pour the juices into a jug and scoop off the excess fat.
5) Arrange the lamb on a plate and scatter over the raspberries and mint. Serve with the jug of juices for pouring, fresh bread and a green salad.