RECIPE | Peaches & cream cheese bars
A sweet treat that's sure to go down well with fans of cheesecake
Makes: about 18 bars
Difficulty: Easy, 40 minutes plus chilling time
80g almonds, finely chopped
100g coconut biscuits, crushed
90g butter, melted
230g cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
1 x 385g can condensed milk
60ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
5ml (1 tsp) almond extract
90ml cake flour, sifted
200g can peaches in syrup, drained
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a square pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the almonds, biscuit crumbs and butter with a fork until fully incorporated.
3) Press into the bottom of the pan. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and add the eggs, condensed milk, lemon juice, almond extract and flour. Mix until combined.
4) Reserve a heaped tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture and pour the rest over the crust.
5) Purée the peaches in a blender together with the reserved cream cheese mixture until smooth. Drop spoonfuls of the peach mixture over the top of the cream cheese mixture and, using the tip of a butter knife, gently swirl the peaches through the filling to create a marbled look.
6) Bake until the centre is set, about 30 minutes.
7) Cool completely then chill overnight before cutting into bars and serving.