RECIPE | Vegan pumpkin & green bean curry
This hearty coconut curry can be whipped up in just 30 minutes
Time: 30 minutes
15ml (1 tbsp) oil
1 large onion, chopped
15ml (1 tbsp) curry powder
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
500g pumpkin, cut into blocks
125ml (½ cup) vegetable stock
200g beans, topped and tailed
100ml coconut milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh coriander, chopped
1) Preheat the oil in a pan and fry onion till just soft.
2) Add curry powder and fry till fragrant.
3) Add tomatoes with the juices and pumpkin. Add stock and cook till pumpkin is just tender and stock has reduced.
4) Add beans, coconut milk and seasoning and cook for a further 5-7 minutes over a gentle heat.
5) Serve over basmati rice and finish with coriander.