RECIPE: Boerewors koftas with minted hummus yoghurt
Boerie rolls go gourmet: we've given the classic boerewors roll a tasty Middle Eastern twist
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
6 long stems of rosemary, stripped of two thirds of their leaves
½ cup plain yoghurt
½ cup hummus
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus extra to garnish
6 x hot dog rolls
1) Remove the boerewors meat from its casing and place in a bowl. Mix in the garlic and cumin.
2) Mould some of the boerewors meat into a sausage shape around the stripped part of each rosemary stem.
3) Braai the boerewors koftas over medium coals until cooked.
4) To make the minted hummus yoghurt, mix the yoghurt, hummus and mint together and season with black pepper.
5) Place a kofta in each hot dog roll, dress with some of the minted hummus yoghurt and sprinkle with more chopped mint. Serve immediately.
WATCH: How to make boerewors koftas with minted hummus yoghurt, step-by-step