RECIPE | Rainbow sandwiches
Fun colours and patterns make these cream cheese-and-jam sarmies a real winner with kids
11 January 2017 - 16:10
Makes: 4 sandwich blocks
4 slices bread (try a mix of different types)
100g cream cheese
15ml (1 tbsp) peach jam
15ml (1 tbsp) green fig jam
15ml (1 tbsp) raspberry jam
extra jam and pomegranate seeds, to serve
- Cut the crusts off the bread.
- Divide the cream cheese into 3 and flavour and colour each portion with a different jam.
- Spread one colour cream cheese on a slice of bread, top and repeat with the remaining 2 colours.
- Use small cookie cutters to cut patterns from the top slice of bread before placing it.
- 3) Cut into 4 squares. Fill the cookie-cutter patterns with more jam or pomegranate seeds.