Celebrity chef Reuben Riffel's ultimate Sunday lunch
Award-winning chef Reuben Riffel picks the guest list and menu for a fantasy feast
Guests I would invite to my fantasy Sunday lunch:
• Trevor Noah. He is such an inspirational guy and is giving such a cool face to South Africa. On top of that the guy really is funny and I know he likes good South African venison.
• Donald Trump. So many of his close friends say he is a nice and exceptional guy. I've seen no evidence of that, so it would be cool to check out for myself.
• Jamie Oliver. Lots of chefs love dissing Jamie but he has kicked dust in the face of many a Michelin-starred chef. He gets real food, and has demystified healthy, delicious and quick home-cooking for many people all over the world.
• Julius Malema. Brutally straight forward and someone, love or hate him, who will play a major role in how things unfold in our country.
• John Maytham. I really like listening to him on the radio and he would be instrumental in dissecting Trump.Who else would be there:
• My friend Dr Ernest Messina, such an educated guy but happy-go-lucky and the life of any party.
• Eusebius McKaiser; he seems like a guy who likes good food and will keep Juju in check.
• My business partners Alex McCormack and Frank Rodriguez of the Franschhoek Brewing company - always a laugh and serious foodies.
What I'd serve:
I love seafood so very fresh tuna tartare with caviar and quails egg. It's not to be fancy, just that it's good to eat.
Marinated lamb racks with crispy skin and cooked pink served with basil pesto, spinach, roasted potatoes and a lamb jus.
Cheese from my friend Lodine at La Cotte cheese shop in Franschhoek and a white chocolate tart with raspberry-thyme sorbet.
Who would do the washing up?
We are going to have to pull straws for that, hopefully Melania Trump can do the rinsing.