RECIPE | Beetroot, apple & feta salad
A colourful salad that packs a big flavour punch
4 beetroot, scrubbed
2 large Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apples, cored and diced
One packet of rocket, washed and dried
175g feta cheese, cubed
60ml (4 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
30ml (2 tbsp) cider vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Wrap the beetroot in foil, shiny side inside and roast in the oven for an hour or until tender. Remove from the oven, remove foil and cool.
3. Peel the beetroot, then cut into thin slices using a mandoline or sharp knife.
4. Combine the beetroot with the apple, rocket and feta.
5. Combine olive oil and cider vinegar and season generously. Pour over the beetroot salad.