RECIPE: Tomato, red onion, salami and pesto salad
Fresh, colourful and tasty, this salad slaps the boring out of healthy with a naughty helping of mozzarella
Prep and cooking time: 50 minutes
2 medium red onions, cut into thin wedges
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
60ml (4tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
80g thinly sliced salami
60g readymade basil pesto
2 medium baby marrows, sliced lengthways into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
100g rocket leaves
500g baby tomatoes, halved
100g quality mozzarella, drained
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Place the onion into a small roasting tray lined with baking paper and season.
3. Drizzle with 15ml (1 tbsp) of the olive oil, toss to coat.
4. Roast for 30 minutes.
5. Cover onion with the salami and roast for a further 10 minutes.
6. Combine pesto and remaining oil.
7. Arrange baby marrow, rocket and tomatoes on a platter.
8. Top with the salami and onion.
9. Tear the mozzarella into small pieces and scatter over the salad and drizzle with the pesto mixture.