RECIPE | Roasted sweet potato chips with coriander yoghurt dip
This spicy snack would go down well with a craft beer
4 sweet potatoes, well scrubbed and cut into wedges
30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
15ml (1 tbsp) garlic powder
15ml (1 tbsp) smoked paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Yoghurt and coriander dip:
125ml (½ cup) full-cream plain yoghurt
1 clove garlic, mashed
1 - 2 chillies, deseeded and chopped
A handful of fresh coriander
45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Coat the sweet potato wedges with the olive oil and seasonings and place on a lightly oiled roasting tray. Roast the wedges for about 40 minutes until cooked through.
3. While the wedges are roasting, place all the dip ingredients except the yoghurt in a food processor and pulse until a rough pureé.
4. Mix the pureé with the yoghurt and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the wedges drizzled with half of the dip and serve with the rest of the dip on the side. - Recipe adapted from one by Diana Henry.