RECIPE | English breakfast skewers
A playful spin on a classic British fry-up
8 kebab sticks
15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
15ml (1 tbsp) runny honey
15ml (1 tbsp) wholegrain mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 rashers streaky bacon, snipped in half
16 chipolata or cocktail sausages
16 white button mushrooms
16 cherry tomatoes
- Soak the kebab sticks in water for 20 minutes to prevent them burning under the grill.
- Combine the olive oil, honey and mustard and mix till well blended. Season.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each sausage, then start to thread the kebabs.
- On each skewer, thread a mushroom, a bacon-wrapped sausage and a cherry tomato, then repeat so there are 2 of each per skewer.
- Brush the honey-mustard sauce over the skewers and grill for 5 minutes on each side, either in the oven or in a hot griddle pan.
- Serve with Hollandaise sauce, if desired.