RECIPE | Asian-style chicken soup with winter greens
Bring the flavours of the Far East to your dining table with this exotic chicken noodle soup
1.5 litres chicken or vegetable stock
1 dried red chilli
2cm fresh root ginger, peeled and finely sliced
2 stems lemon grass, bruised
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 Chinese cabbage, shredded
1 bok choi, roughly chopped
2 free-range chicken breasts, poached and shredded
1 bundle buckwheat noodles
Soy sauce, to taste
Sea salt and white pepper, to taste
Fresh chopped coriander, to serve
- Place stock in a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Add the chilli, ginger and lemon grass, reduce heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the broth sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove lemon grass from the pot and throw in the carrot, cabbage, bok choi, chicken and noodles. Bring to a simmer on medium heat and cook until noodles are tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add soy sauce to taste, season and serve hot topped with coriander.