RECIPE: Quick vegetable curry
Turn a packet of chunky vegetable soup mix into a Thai feast with just a couple of added ingredients
03 June 2018 - 00:00
1 x packet chunky ready-cut vegetable soup mix
90ml (6 tbsp) curry paste (tikka masala is good)
30ml (2 tbsp) oil, plus extra for frying
1 x 400g coconut milk
250ml (1 cup) vegetable or chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place the vegetable soup mix in a baking dish. Add 30ml (2 tbsp) of the curry paste and the oil and toss to mix through. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a large pan; add the remaining 60ml (4 tbsp) of curry paste and fry for a couple of minutes till fragrant.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the pan and stir through the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Serve with poppadoms and rice.