RECIPE | Berry & white chocolate microwave pudding
This quick dessert is easy to throw together on a cold night, says Sunday Times reader Demi Engelbrecht
100g soft light brown sugar
100g self-raising flour
45ml (3tbsp) milk
85g white chocolate drops
300g frozen mixed berries
- Lightly butter a 20cm microwave cake dish.
- Using an electric hand whisk, beat together the butter, sugar, flour, eggs and milk until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Fold through the white chocolate drops and most of the berries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish, then microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, until set and dry on top.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes before dusting with icing sugar and serving topped with the remaining berries.
• This recipe earned Demi Engelbrecht a spot in the finals of the 2018 Sunday Times Goodlife Gautrain Taste Experience.