RECIPE | Carrot muesli bars
These snack bars are sure to be a winner with fans of carrot cake
Makes: 10-12 bars
400ml regular oats
50g pecan or walnuts, chopped
160ml raisins, roughly chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
80ml (⅓ cup) coconut flakes
10ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
125ml (½ cup) runny honey
80ml (⅓ cup) almond butter
30ml (2 tbsp) coconut oil
1 egg, beaten
- Put the oats in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Combine in a bowl with the nuts, raisins, carrots, coconut, cinnamon and salt.
- In the microwave melt the honey, almond butter and coconut oil.
- Add to the oat mixture together with the egg. Mix well.
- Press into a 18cm x 23cm lined and greased baking tray and bake at 180ºC for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool in the tray before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container.