RECIPE | No-bake crispy seed, fruit & nut bars
These wholesome snack bars have a satisfying crunch
Makes: 10-12 bars
250ml (1 cup) toasted muesli
250ml (1 cup) crispy rice cereal
125ml (½ cup) desiccated coconut
125ml (½ cup) sesame seeds
100g dried cranberries (or use raisins)
100g pecan nuts, chopped
80ml (⅓ cup) runny honey
80ml (⅓ cup) smooth sugar- and salt-free peanut butter
100g (½ cup) brown sugar
- Combine the muesli, rice cereal, coconut, seeds, cranberries and nuts in a bowl.
- Heat together the butter, honey, peanut butter and sugar until melted. Bring to the boil and simmer, stirring for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour it over the dry ingredients.
- Mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Press the mixture into a 18cm x 23cm pan that has been lined with non-stick baking paper and greased or sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into bars when firm and store in an airtight container - if they last that long.