RECIPE | Crispy paper-thin roasted potatoes with fresh herbs
This side dish tastes as spectacular as it looks
07 July 2019 - 00:00
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50-60 minutes
6 large potatoes, skin on
60ml (¼ cup) sunflower oil
45ml (3 tbsp) butter, melted
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the potatoes very thinly crosswise. A mandoline will make the slicing easy.
- Mix the oil and butter and brush the bottom of a baking dish; pick a small dish so the slices will be tightly packed together.
- Arrange the prepared potato, with the slices vertical, in the dish and brush with two-thirds of the butter mixture. Season well.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Brush over remaining butter mixture, sprinkle with thyme and continue baking for another 10 minutes.