WATCH | How to make crunchy no-bake peanut butter oat cookies, two ways
Oh so quick and easy to make, these biscuits can be dipped in chocolate or sandwiched together with a yummy cream cheese icing
WATCH | How to make no-bake peanut butter oat cookies
FIRST THINGS FIRST
WHIP UP A BATCH OF NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER OAT COOKIES
¼ cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
3½ cups Bokomo Traditional Oats
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pot over a low heat. Add the sugar and milk and stir until the sugar has melted.
- Turn up the heat and boil the mixture for a minute, then remove from the heat.
- Stir through peanut butter, then mix in the oats.
- Allow to cool before moulding tablespoons of the mixture into flat cookie shapes. Place on the baking paper and allow to set.
NEXT YOU CAN EITHER...
DIP 'EM IN CHOCOLATE
1 cup chocolate, melted
½ cup toasted oats (Optional)
- Dip each no-bake peanut butter oat cookie halfway in the melted chocolate and place back on baking paper.
- Sprinkle some toasted oats over the chocolate, if desired, before drizzle over any extra melted chocolate. Allow to set.
OR SANDWICH THEM TOGETHER WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING
1 tub (230g) cream cheese
¼ cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
- To make the icing, place the cream cheese in a bowl. Sift over the icing sugar and beat using an electric mixer on low speed.
- Next beat in the vanilla essence.
- To assemble the cookie sandwiches, place a blob of icing on a no-bake peanut butter oat cookie and top with another cookie. Repeat with the remaining cookies.