RECIPE | Classic crunchies
Sweet and chewy, these easy bakes are a must for your biscuit tin
14 June 2020 - 00:00
Makes: 35 biscuits
30ml (2 tbsp) golden syrup
500ml (2 cups) oats
250ml (1 cup) desiccated coconut
120g (1 cup) cake flour
250ml (1 cup) white or light brown sugar
5ml (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- Melt the butter and syrup together.
- Combine the oats, coconut, flour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and syrup mixture and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a greased 20x30cm pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before cutting into squares.
- Cool completely, then remove from pan and store in an airtight container.