RECIPE | Peanut butter cookies
These biscuits are incredibly moreish so it's good thing they're so quick and easy to bake
14 June 2020 - 00:00
Makes: 35 biscuits
125g butter, softened
250ml (1 cup) light brown sugar
180ml (¾ cup) peanut butter
1 extra-large egg
5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
400ml cake flour
5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
3ml bicarbonate of soda
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the peanut butter and beat until well combined.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and bicarb. Add to the creamed mixture and mix to form a dough.
- Roll the mixture into balls the size of a walnut and place on a greased baking tray. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the tray.
- Store in an airtight container.